Our website address is: https://www.dovegrouplab.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Our contact details
Name: Professor Andrew Dove
Address: School of Chemistry, Haworth Building, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT
Phone Number: 0121 414 2768
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Group members’ personal identifiers, contact details and characteristics, such as name and contact details, the biography you supply or approve, and years of study or work in the group.
- If you complete a form on the site and Submit the information to us, we will collect and store that information securely on our servers.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
- Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by group members via the Personal Details Agreement form they complete, and the biography which they approve.
- Information provided by visitors to the site, such as students interested in PhDs, will typically be provided by them directly via a form on our site.
We use this information to promote and advance the work of the group.
We may share the information with the University of Birmingham and our collaborators and funding partners.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
Your consent. If you provide your personal details we will use the personal data you provide to enable contact, and promote and advance the work of the group. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
How we store your personal information
All information is securely stored on the Dove Group website server. The Dove Group website is administered by WordPress and hosted by SiteGround. Your data will also be transferred to the server systems of the University of Birmingham.
We remove and dispose of group members’ contact details from the Dove Group website server by deleting the information once a group member has left the Group. We keep group members’ name, their biography as at the time of their membership of the group, and the dates of study or work on the list of Former Members.
Contact details provided by visitors to the site, such as students interested in PhDs, will be deleted after use.
- Cookies collect the IP address of visitors to the site so that our hosting provider can present data on the pages visited, etc. The information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to withdraw consent – You have the the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at the School of Chemistry, Haworth Building, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, 0121 414 2768 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at School of Chemistry, Haworth Building, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, 0121 414 2768 or by email to email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk